St. Paul / Red Wing / St. Paul
1. The Third Annual Stay Classy Classic (or #StayClassy as it will be known going forth) took place on August the 30th of the year Two-Thousand and Fifteen.
2. Five (5) Teams of (about) five participants toed the start line. They were as follows (from first start to last) :
- The Radlest (p/b Birchwood Cafe)
- Team ??? (p/b Also Birchwood Cafe)
- Flux Redux (p/b Grand Performance)
- Freewheelers (p/b Freewheel maybe)
- Team Musette (p/b This Blog)
3. The weather was nice, if sort of gloomy at the beginning. The sun eventually made her debut.
4. We were once again blessed to be sort-of but not-really officially sponsored by Pearson's Salted Nut Rolls. This year we ran out of the Saltiest Nut Roll at around Mile 70. It's proprietary combination of peanuts and salt gives riders the fortitude necessary to tackle the 4,500 or whatever feet of climbing the Stay Classy possesses.
5. 27 of 28 Participants Finished, which is good enough to pass regional requirements for a successful race.
6. HW 61 in Red Wing, MN is a torn up mess.
7. The climb out of Welch Village is just as pretty as I remember. It has the same amount of shoulder as well (none).
8. It cannot be stated that existential crises arose from the vast expanses of farmland riders faced towards the second-half of the event. It also cannot be stated that the vast expanses quieted any fears riders had about their place in the vast nothingness of our Universe.
9. Three 'Papa Sized' Papa John's pizzas were consumed at the end by finishers. Three 'Large Sized' Papa John's pizzas were also consumed after it was discovered that the race director had greatly underestimated the strength of the finisher's appetites.
10. Five (5) Teams of (about) five participants made it all the way to Omnium Bike Shop in Saint Paul, MN. There were as follows (from first finish to last) :
- The Radlest (Official Time : About 6 Hours or Whatever)
- Team Flux Redux (Official Time : Like, 30 Minutes after The Radlest)
- Team Freewheelers (Official Time : 7 Hour and 30 Minutes, I think)
- Team ??? (Official Time : Almost the same as the Freewheelers, dawg)
- Team Musette (Official Time : Last! As it should be)