2. It is warm.**
3. In 1937, Vernon Rudolph [founder of Krispy Kreme] opened his own store, deciding on Winston-Salem, North Carolina for the location when he learned that his favorite cigarette company, Camel Cigarettes, was headquartered in the small North Carolina city.***
5. Bike Shops Visited w/ Easiest Recalled Memory (chronologically ordered) :
- The Spindle ATL / Watermelon Punch + Fancy
- Atlanta Beltline Bicycle / Sick drop-in to the Beltline out back
- Loose Nut Cycles / Did not have Erin Young's**** Lock
6. There is a ton of kick-ass art in and around the City.
7. To the Caribou Coffee on 10th St. NE & Piedmont Ave - thanks for a little slice of home and your ridiculously great air conditioning/wifi.
8. To the Atlanta Cycling Festival - you're doing the good work. Hard to believe that was just your second year. I can't wait to see where you take this.
10. Atlanta, GA is sure to become a cycling hub for the Southeast in the coming years. It is impressive how far they have come and the momentum that can be felt. Like an energy buzzing beneath the surface. Between the ACF, amazing shops like the Spindle, MARTA and advocates like Atlanta Velo City, it certainly won't take long. These are dedicated, smart, engaging folks working towards a common goal.
So take some time and visit. You won't be disappointed.
And in the wise words of my new friend Alex - only go to Waffle House if you're drunk or hungover.
*Full Disclosure : Luke at Calhoun Cycle allowed me the use of one of their Brompton Bicycles for the trip in exchange for words typed on a keyboard. Of course the bike was flippin' rad so that wasn't difficult. Expect to see more Brompton antics on the blog soon.
****Track Heartthrob Extraordinaire